Friday, February 26, 2010

Chill Out!

It's always entertaining to find out what the older kids teach Nate. I remember when we were young, my brothers would teach our hearing impared cousin how to sign sassy words, and then of course they'd get in all kinds of trouble when she'd communicate them to her mom! Can you imagine? AAAHHHH! BOYS!! We spend lots of time and effort teaching Nate to communicate important stuff...you know; drink, eat, more, bath, hungry, no, hurt, gentle, pet, play, yes, sing, ball.... by using sign, speech and combos of both. Andrew, on the other hand, takes great pleasure in teaching Nate what he thinks the important stuff is...things like this; (see picture) He says, "Hey Nate! CHILL OUT, MAN!" ...just in time for the picture....

6 comments:

  1. Sweet photo. It's OK to chill out now and then. I'm sure Nate works pretty hard at learning all kinds of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My husband I always joke about the fact that Landon probably already has some secret signs that only he knows about and probably best that we don't! Ha! Very cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew knows..."chill out" is the best advice ever:) Natie knows too...he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am finally on your blog! I have a few moments to "chill out" even though I am still "at the office". Great photos of the family and of course, Natie boy..are you still calling him that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is another post since I am trying to get my picture uploaded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little boy! I also love when you tell me what new signs he learned because we can communicate in new and exciting ways. My favorite sign is "please" when his whole face lights up and he rubs both hands on his chest. He is the most wonderful and precious little boy!

    ReplyDelete