Saturday, November 05, 2011

What day is it? Oh yeah, Friday

On a trip such as this, it is very easy to lose track of what day it is. I guess I haven't fully recovered from Thursday's 24 hour deal.
I suppose it bears mentioning that we are here attending the 2011 Road Rally for Taxi.

Friday morning we attended the Lifetime Achievement award ceremony at 9 AM. The guest of honor was Charles Fox. 
It was super neat the way they had the stage set up; it looked like the inside of a living room, and the owner of Taxi and Mr. Fox chatted for an hour or so, and then Mr. Fox played and sang “Killing Me Softly”. He is a very unique and interesting person to hear speak, because he is so creative and musician-minded, and yet intellectual, too. These two personality traits don’t normally manifest in the same human being.  Like a professor of all things uncertain. Doesn’t make sense.  I don’t typically stand in line to buy anything and I’m certainly not a crowd follower but I couldn’t wait to get my hands on his book. I had him sign it to James. J

I didn’t want to attend anymore sessions so I came back to the room, changed and went to the gym.  I had a great run. I chilled in the room so long I was actually getting bored. It was wonderful. Wonderful, I tell you….wonderful!!  When James got back, we headed to Culver City and In and Out Burgers.
James loves this place.
I don't really get it?
I mean, I guess I prefer 5 Guys, if I had to choose.




2 comments:

  1. It's fun to hear and see what you are doing every day...otherwise we have to guess till you get back:) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO JEALOUS!!! I miss In N' Out! You can bring me back some fries and a burger. 5 guys is a close second but I def. like In-n-out more. I think it is because it is a part of my childhood memories. It's those fresh fries, and the sauce. Looks like you guys are havin' fun!

    ReplyDelete