- I woke up late; this is really never a good way to start a day. Since Monday was a travel day and Tuesday was my first day of the work week, I was off by a day. That ever happen to you? I hate that. But I recovered nicely.
- Andrew's homework assignments for the day included Typing, Language Arts, US History, Bible study and Bio.
- I then accomplished a great deal at work. I went to Waterford Heights and did a site inspection. This took a little longer than expected, but I was entertained throughout it by James's funny tweets.
- I drove through snow, sleet and rain to get through my day, but I ended up at home at approximately 4:40 PM. I ran inside to change so Andrew and I could head out the door to get some studying done at Barnes and Noble.
- Before we left, James and Nate put on a bit of a show for us! James asked Nate if he wanted a drink, and Nate replied "yah!" So James had Nate sit in his little rocking chair, then Nate stood up on his own. James handed him the bottle of water and Nate took it from James and drank it while standing! Yay, Nate!
- Andrew's choice for dinner, McDonald's of course, meant that I was obligated to have a McRib. We made short order of the french fries, and although Andrew decided on the extra McRib for only a $1 more, I refrained from such additional indulgent behavior. As we were leaving McDonald's, I got a tweet from Hannah. Aww. (Andrew complained of an early onset of McGurgles...)
- We headed over to Barnes and Noble where we learned Rule 5; do not join independent clauses with a comma. I ordered a skinny peppermint mocha while Andrew had his vanilla bean. I checked his typing; he is improving every day. I checked his chapter review answers in US History. I then wrote this blog post which includes samples of each of the 5 rules we have learned so far. Tomorrow's assignment will be that he has to find the examples of each. Fun times ahead!
- Lastly, we head out the door to Dick's to find shoe grip spray for upcoming basketball practice.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Today, in a nutshell, went something akin to this:
Posted by Jill Kocian