- Nathan is up on his knees and can rock back and forth
- It is textured... which entertains his little fingers
- We put toys and snacks on it to encourage him to reach and grab
- It has a no-slip frame so he can't push it out from underneath himself
- It's just the right height so his abdominal muscles get most of the work. What fun he has on this thing! More fun than I ever had, that's for sure!
He signs for "sleepy" and it's really cute. He shares his food by offering it during dinner time, usually to his dad, and then taking it back when offered back to him. He has totally mastered his sippy cup, (that took perseverance...every other day or so try it again until one day it just clicked!) And because of this accomplishment, he can now bend his head back while in a sitting position to drink it....something he hasn't been able to do until now.
Last week when he was at Deanna's she reported that she had offered him a bite of a chocolate chip waffle. He loved it so much that she put him on the floor, put a few pieces on a plate, held his tummy only, and he scrambled crawl-style to the plate! Smart kid. He is very close....but I'm in no hurry for him to crawl away from his momma.